Wave goodbye to the hustle and bustle of city life and play beneath these western skies! The Sandhills of Nebraska is the largest grass-stabilized dune region in the Western Hemisphere. Blue Creek Lodge is right in the heart of it and also offers ‘The Good Life’ that Nebraska and its state slogan promise. Blue Creek Lodge is an exclusive excursion for the adventurous person who wants to enjoy country living in true wild west country, or a relaxing breather for those who prefer to spend a warm sunny day floating quietly down the creek, relaxing on the porch or birdwatching in one of the finest areas for ‘birding’ in the U.S. A wide-open region of endless vistas and located in an area that offers all the recreation or relaxation that your imagination and heart desire.
- Recreation at Blue Creek Lodge:
• Fishing on Lodge ponds or National and State lakes .
• Roasting Marshmellows around our giant Firepit.
• Local Golfing
• Enjoy nature, sight seeing
• Stargazing – bring telescope
• Beautiful Sunsets
• Mountain Biking
• Cycling – enjoy miles of single lane roads with no traffic.
• Hiking or Running
• Snowshoeing or Cross-Country Skiing
• Ice Skating
• Ride ATV’s (bring your own)
• Snowmobiling (bring your own)
• Horseback Ride (bring your own)
• Get Aways
• Dog Trials
• Horseshoe pit
• Full office, Wifi, cell service in the lodge, computer, printer & fax
• Kids – swimming, fishing, frog catching, exploring, tubing
• Total country experience complete with cattle, turkeys, deer, antelope, grouse, ducks, geese, chickens, racoons, coyotes, otters, and other wild critters that make their home here.
• Oshkosh, known as The Goose Capital of Nebraska.
• Crescent Lake National Wildlife Refuge
• Crescent Lake State WMA
• Golf at Oshkosh Country Club
• Lake McConaughy – largest reservoir in 3 state region
• Sandhills Journey Scenic By Way Nebraska Hwy 2
• Historical Sites – many around the area.
• Trap Range in Oshkosh
• Cabela’s – 1 hour from Sidney, the world headquarters.
• Unique local restaurants & wineries
• Oshkosh Airport
Please visit the following websites to explore all there is to see and do in Western Nebraska.
• Official Nebraska Travel Guide:
• Journey to Western Nebraska: http://westnebraska.com
• Sandhills Journey Scenic By Way: http://sandhillsjourney.com
• NEBRASKAland Magazine: http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs
• Nebraska Life Magazine: http://nebraskalife.com
• Crescent Lake National Refuge: http://www.fws.gov/crescentlake
• Crescent State Wildlife Management Area: